[TYPO3-ttnews] news2 and audio/video

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Mar 9 16:28:50 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 09.03.2011 16:08, schrieb Stephan Bauer:
> I made a test installation of news2 and it looks very promising.

thanks!

Be aware that we changed quite few things during the T3CSB, including
also the fields of the media table.

> I have a question about the audio/video option. You are including
> flowplayer into news2.
> Wouldn't it be possible to use the players with are already included
> into TYPO3 and using the media ce for that?

Changing the implementation is very easy (even though the way will
change too)

> I know the included video player is not the best but there is a way to
> use a different player shown here:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11902 (T3X_mediace_flowplayer.t3x)

But what is the sense to use something as default which doesn't look
that promising and can't be styled anyway? Everybody would still look
for an alterantive and IMO there is nothing there except flowplayer when
it comes to question of license.

Still: I will look at its implementation and maybe it is just another
use case which can be implemented.

Georg