[TYPO3-ttnews] Manage related news to a category instead of a news

Laurent LAPORTE llaporte at jouve.fr
Mon Jan 31 17:41:04 CET 2011

Hello,

I’d like to associate a set of related news to a single category.

It’s the same principle as related news in the table tt_news, but I want
it in the categories’ table tt_news_cat. In addition, I’d like to have
several kinds and / or to type them. Is there an extension to do this?

Currently, I create hidden sub-categories containing the related news. I
found two problems with this approach:
- I can’t display the news when the parent category is hidden (see the
topic “[TYPO3-ttnews] Display news of a hidden categories” in the forum)
- I don’t know how to filter the sub-category based on its title, used
as a means of filtering (see the topic “[TYPO3-ttnews] Select a
sub-category with its title” in the forum).

Here is an example of my problem (I use the extension tt_news to manage
a documentation composed of articles, organized hierarchically, in the
manner of SPIP).

I have a category “Collection XYZ”; containing a list of news in this
collection. For the entire collection of XYZ, I want to combine
bibliographical references, references to sub-pages of a particular
external website, references to other websites and internal links.

Each type of references must be distinguished.
- Bibliographical references will be “normal” news type with a name and
ISBN description;
- References to sub-pages of a particular external website will be
“External link” news type with a name and a URL;
- References to external website: ditto;
- References to internal news will be “Internal link” news type.

------- Thank you.