[TYPO3-ttnews] Select a sub-category with its title

Laurent LAPORTE llaporte at jouve.fr
Mon Jan 31 17:40:44 CET 2011

Hello,

How can we select a category witch has a given name (title field)?

Can we use anything other than the name, a textual identifier, for
example? Is there an extension that can do the typing of categories?

Currently I have a sidebar built from a categories tree. In the central
content area, I want to display for the currently selected category, the
list of news in a category (hidden) that I identified by its name.

See also the topic “[TYPO3-ttnews] Manage related news to a category
instead of a news” in the forum.

------- Thank you.