[TYPO3-ttnews] Thoughts about news2

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Thu Jan 6 23:42:58 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

thanks, Thomas, for your input! I share the same opinion in most if you
ideas.
I would like to bring in my 2 cents, too:

My most favorite one:

- Additional date fields for Events / Sorting (1): Since there are many
cases where tt_news is used as an event calender, there should be
additional date fields that can be used as event date. (There is an
extension existing right now that extends tt_news in just that
manner...) These field should enable a sorting according to when these
events happen (and not to when the respective news entry was
written/published).

The following ideas are more of a cosmetic nature....

- Sorting (2): a good sortable list overview in the BE would be great,
too. The features right now seem too little, when it comes to many
entries... (of course it can be done the "TYPO3" way, which is awesome,
but thinking of my clientel, there are some, who have trouble
understanding the clipboard etc)

- Enough hooks (but maybe extbase handles this feature automatically
now... I don't know yet; I mention this because the developer of the
tt_news event ext mentions in the manual that there are hooks missing at
the moment...)

- Lightbox for content (addon to Thomas' list): I think, it was you,
Georg, who actually presented a solution for that problem in one of your
other extensions via defining a new page type that has no document body
... or so ...  I don't know if there can be an "out of the box" feature
that enables the more link to open the main content in a lightbox...

I hope you don't feel pushed, Georg. :-)

ALl my best to you!
Robert