[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news - quo vadis? (Workspace preview, versioning)

Henrik Jahn henrik.jahn at me.com
Tue Feb 22 16:54:07 CET 2011

Thanks for your response, Robert!

> On Forge, there is new2, which intends to integrate all features of
> tt_news 3 on the basis of extBase and fluid. Check this list - not too
> long ago (3 weeks?), there was a very vivid discussion about news2
> going on. You should read up on it and also get a look into fluid and
> how to handle layouts...

I've had a brief look at it. It works smooth in the backend but only
produced errors in the frontend so far. Will need some more commitment
from my side.

> The ext is not yet finished, so a testing feedback also from your side
> would surely be very welcome.

O.K.

> Furthermore, the situation that you describe, has also been discussed
> here. Please dig a little deeper in time to find them. And to be more
> able to help you, please post some more detailed info as to which
> version of TYPO3 you are using.

I'm running tt_news 3.01 on TYPO3 4.5 (and have constantly been
updating since 4.2).

> We all had our times with tt_news, and one got more desperate over it
> than others, but I guess nobody is willing to just critisize this ext,
> because it is really just ONE GREAT powerful ext that also comes along
> with a very good manual and - of course - which also demands one's
> skills to handle it.

Your right, it is a great extension and it would absolutely meet my
requirements (in connection with rgnewsce) if there weren't the
workspace and versioning issues. Before the workspace requirement came
up I was happy with it.

--
Thanks for reading,
Henrik