[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news - quo vadis? (Workspace preview, versioning)

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Tue Feb 22 11:49:20 CET 2011

Henrik,

On Forge, there is new2, which intends to integrate all features of
tt_news 3 on the basis of extBase and fluid. Check this list - not too
long ago (3 weeks?), there was a very vivid discussion about news2 going
on. You should read up on it and also get a look into fluid and how to
handle layouts...

The ext is not yet finished, so a testing feedback also from your side
would surely be very welcome.

Furthermore, the situation that you describe, has also been discussed
here. Please dig a little deeper in time to find them. And to be more
able to help you, please post some more detailed info as to which
version of TYPO3 you are using.

We all had our times with tt_news, and one got more desperate over it
than others, but I guess nobody is willing to just critisize this ext,
because it is really just ONE GREAT powerful ext that also comes along
with a very good manual and - of course - which also demands one's
skills to handle it.

In case you didn't work with the ext yet, spend some more time with it
and you will find out the flexibilities you have with it.

One thing that many peple seem to forget when it comes to multilanguage
sites: after having installed an ext like tt_news, ALWAYS update your
TYPO3 language configuration in the language settings. Otherwise the
language files only support English, and many people wonder, why such
things like "read more" won't translate properly, even though they have
defined languages by TypoScript.

Good luck!
Robert