[TYPO3-ttnews] BUG or intended: showing newsitem with certain categories in LIST mode not working as it should?

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 15:26:24 CET 2010

I see things happening with the LIST option and selected categories
that I don't understand because it used to work with the older v2.5.x
versions but no longer as of v3.0.x. Is this a bug or is this intended
as of version 3.0.x? I can't do the things I was used to do this way
with version 3.0.x:

What's going on / what's I don't get to work?
What if I have the following categories noting that there is

- a maincategory and
-- a subcategory within the - maincateogry and there is
--- a subsubcategory within the -- subcategory from the - maincategory
etc.

Schematic I have the following cateogries:

- Website a
- Website b
- Website c
- Sport
-- Sport | Voetbal
--- Sport | Voetbal | Engeland
- Concerten
-- Concerten | binnenland
-- Concerten | buitenland

Assume I make a LIST on a paga and set the following:

What to display: Standard list view (LIST)
Category mode: Show items with selected categories (AND)

Category Selection Selected:
- Website a
- Sport

Use subcategories: yes

I would expect based on:
Show items with selected categories (AND)

that only those newsitems that have AND [Sport] AND [Website a] as
category would show up. Is this assumption right?

BUT WHAT IS HAPPENING?

The page shows as soon as I select: [Show items with selected
categories (AND)] : NO NEWS in this list!

while knowing 100% certain that there is a newsitem online with AND
[Sport] AND [Website a] as a category.

If I remove one of the categories and if I select [Show items with
selected categories (OR)] somehting will show up but that's not wat I
want to show.

So why isn't anything shown? This used to work with v2.5.2 but won't
as of v3.0.x.

I want to look thoroughly into this because we want to be able to use
categorie Website a,b,c,d,e,f for an item to be able to show such an
item only on certain websites. This is impossilbe as of v3.0.x. if you
ask me on a multi domain website as Nothing will show.

Has someone a clue or an idea why this is happening?

Groeten,
Jordan van Bergen