[TYPO3-ttnews] Again tt_news! including bodytext in list view -> formatting

bob wild rowild at gmx.net
Thu Feb 4 16:25:24 CET 2010

I think that tt_news is a great plugin, but in general there seem to be
quite some questions unanswered. It would be great if they could find
there way to the documentation, since - googling for "AMENU in HMENU
integration" and "formatted bodytext in list view" yield tons of
results, but most of them actually unanswered.

Here is a situation that many people like - or would like to use (as it
seems): the integration of the bodytext into the list view. This is by
itself not too difficult, but the problem, where way too many people
(including myself) stumble upon is the missing formatting of the
respective bodytext.

I am about to try a solution, which is inserted in the new TS field of
the Plugin in the backend of tt_news. Since the often posted AMENU in
HEMNU integration just doesn't find any answers, i need to look for a
different solution for the archive menu. It no shall be a simple list
with a page browser. Therefore I do this:

displayList {
    subheader_stdWrap {
          stripHtml = 0
          crop >
          ifEmpty >

	 # kill the "more" link
          append >

	 # append the bodytext
	 append.field = bodytext

	 # try to format the bodytext again
          append.general_stdWrap.parseFunc < tt_content.text.20.parseFunc

	 # remove the p tags (template has h2 tags)
	 outerWrap = |

But of course the formatting doesn't work: no links, no images, no nothing.

I'd really appreciate any help on this one here! I also would like to
emphasis on the other problem posted to days ago. It seems to be an
important matter!

Thanks!
Robert