[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news update?

Robert Wildling rowild at gmx.net
Fri Aug 6 19:32:37 CEST 2010

Installing tt_news in Typo3 4.4.x has several issues that justify an
update - at least in my opinion, maybe you can share yours here, too.

These are my experiences:

1. On install, there is a version conflict: tt_news 3.0.1 requires a
Typo3 up to "only" version 4.3.99. (Of course you can skip this)

2. The deprecation log in the typo3conf folder mentions that the
graphics implementation should now use the new sprite class

3. This is strange: if I use a page title AND a Navigation Title for a
page and assign it as e.g. the page for the single view in the tt_news
plugin, then that respective page shows up with div-containers in the
navigation tree (to be exact: <span title="Navigationstitel:
Aktuell">Aktuell Single View</span> in a German installation). This only
happens when the Typo3 Element Browser opens from tt_news.

Greetings,
Robert