[TYPO3-ttnews] [feature] bring more power into tt_news with myTS flexform field

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Mon Oct 5 14:47:02 CEST 2009

Michael Miousse pisze:
> Le Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:03:20 +0200, Krystian Szymukowicz a écrit :
>
>> hi all
>>
>> I hope you will like this little feature I'am just proposing (especially
>> Rupert who could integrate it into 3.0 :)
>>
>> Here we go.
>> Not every option of tt_news can be set using flexform.
>>
>> Of course we can configure every option with template record but if
>> there is more that one CE with tt_news plugin and they must have
>> different configuration then it becomes more difficult to configure them
>> separately.
>>
>> Solution: Introduce special field with typoscript into flexform of
>> tt_news.
>>
>> NOTE: this is ported from "cal" extension where it has been integrated a
>> year ago and proved to be very effective and powerful solution.
>>
>> Here is an patch against trunk:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12118
>>

>> Hope you'll like it!
>
> For your information, it is possible to separately configure multiple tt_news object while
> using CE. By that i mean that you can create multiple CE of type news and than
> specify different ts for each CE you created. You only have to use a RECORDS object
>
> and it will give you someting like this:
>
> lib.ttnewsobj1 = RECORDS
> lib.ttnewsobj1{
> 	source = 1 //this is the id of your CE which is a news
> 	table = tt_content
> 	conf.tt_content < plugin.tt_news
> 	conf.tt_content{
> 		your specific tsconf
> 	}
>
> }
>
> lib.ttnewsobj2 = RECORDS
> lib.ttnewsobj2{
> 	source = 2 //this is the id of your CE which is a news
> 	table = tt_content
> 	conf.tt_content < plugin.tt_news
> 	conf.tt_content{
> 		your specific tsconf
> 	}
>
> }
>
> regards

Yes. I know some workaround I can use. For example extension "tscobj" or
"typoscript_code" but non of them are not so convenient as special TS
field in flexform.

With the patch I propose you can set almost everything using flexforms
and then make fine tuning with TS field for those options that are not
available in flexforms.

I hope you see the difference.

--
grtz