[TYPO3-ttnews] list in 1 row 2 column

Aleksandar Milovac aleksandar.milovac at rns-nis.co.rs
Tue May 19 07:08:26 CEST 2009

Thanks to both of you. I made it with css but the problem was that
headers of the news weren't properly aligned. That is if I have only 2
items it's OK, but with 4 or 6 items it's not the case. If one item has
more text than the other then they are somehow like this:

item_1   item_2

item_3
         item_4

item_5
         item_6

It doesn't look good. I can make each box a separate div for each item
and than load tt_news in it and use excludeAlreadyDisplayedArticles to
display different news items in them.

Otto van Bruggen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With CSS it should not be a big problem.
> Since the CSS id and classes are all defined you can adapt these to show the
> results in any form you choose. This is without even having to change the
> template of tt-news itself.
>
> I hope this gives you a way to go.
> Regards,
> Otto van Bruggen
>

> Op 18-05-09 17:14, Robert Wildling <rowild at gmx.net> schreef:
>
>> Yes, it should be.
>>
>> In the News list template, define a layout for one list view that takes
>> 50 % of the width, repeat it and call the marker ###NEWS_1### instead of
>> only ###NEWS### (that's the marker right below the ###CONTENT### marker).
>>
>> In the plugin backend interface there is somewhere a checkbox that asks
>> for "Alternating Layouts" (or similar). Enter 2.
>>
>> In connection with "max shown news entries" and "list news starting from
>> id X" (those checkbox texts are from memory, they may be called
>> differently) you can build quite complex layout constructions.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to have 2 news item in list mode displayed in one row and
>>> two column order? Like this (in one div tag):
>>> |item_one item_two |
>>>
>>> Unlike the default one:
>>>
>>> item_one
>>> item_two