[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news, feed does not validate problem with enclosure tags

Jason Alexander jalexander at digipen.edu
Tue Mar 31 19:15:30 CEST 2009

Hello all,

So I am pretty new to TypoScript but I had a question regarding the
tt_news rss feed. When I put the feed into a feed validator
(feedvalidator.org) I get the following:

Sorry

This feed does not validate.

line 34, column 3: url must be a full URL: https://www.digipen.edu/uploads/media/digipen_podclass_issue_01.mp3
  (10 occurrences) [help]

           			<enclosure url="https://www.digipen.edu/uploads/media/digipen_podclass_is

This is line 34:  <enclosure url="https://www.digipen.edu/uploads/media/digipen_podclass_issue_01.mp3
" length ="15373824" type="audio/mpeg" />

Here is my TypoScript:

CONSTANTS:
XMLTITLE = The DigiPen PodClass
XMLLINK=https://www.digipen.edu/index.php?id=2505
XMLDESC =Tune in monthly to the DigiPen PodClass, the podcast about
computer and video game development from one of the top game
development schools in the world. Hosted by veteran podcaster Omaha
Sternberg, the podcast features industry news, interviews with game
industry professionals, and DigiPen faculty who will present topics
about game development including business issues, programming,
production, art, and design.
XMLICON=fileadmin/rss/podclass/Podclass_image_144.jpg
XMLWEBMASTER=podclass at digipen.edu (Aaron Klemm)
XMLMANAGINGEDITOR=podclass at digipen.edu (Omaha Sternberg)
TEMPLATEFILE=fileadmin/rss/podclass/tt_news_podclass_template.html
ENCLOSUREMODE=auto
PID_LIST=273
SINGLE_PID=274
CATEGORIES = 32
XMLTYPENUM=100

SETUP:
# Configure tt_news to display the xml template
plugin.tt_news {
   displayXML {
      #rss091_tmplFile = EXT:tt_news/res/rss_0_91.tmpl
     # rdf_tmplFile = EXT:tt_news/res/rdf.tmpl
     # atom03_tmplFile = EXT:tt_news/res/atom_0_3.tmpl
      #atom1_tmplFile = EXT:tt_news/res/atom_1_0.tmpl
     rss2_tmplFile = EXT:tt_news/res/rss_2.tmpl
     #rss2_tmplFile = fileadmin/podclass/rss_2_podclass.tmpl

     # possibile values: rss091 / rss2 / rdf / atom03 / atom1
     xmlFormat = rss2

     xmlTitle = {$XMLTITLE}
     xmlLink = {$XMLLINK}
     xmlDesc = {$XMLDESC}
     xmlLang = en-us
     xmlIcon = {$XMLICON}
     xmlWebMaster = {$XMLWEBMASTER}
     xmlManagingEditor = {$XMLMANAGINGEDITOR}
     xmlCopyright = &#xA9; 2009 DigiPen Institute of Technology
     title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
     title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
     subheader_stdWrap.stripHtml = 1
     subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
     subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
     subheader_stdWrap.crop = 100 | ... | 1
     subheader_stdWrap.ifEmpty.field = bodytext
     xmlLastBuildDate = 1
   }

   templateFile = {$TEMPLATEFILE}

   # Just use the tt_news template file for now
   #templateFile = {$plugin.tt_news.file.templateFile}
   enclosureMode = {$ENCLOSUREMODE}
}

## This enables the xml news feed
xmlnews = PAGE
xmlnews {
   typeNum = {$XMLTYPENUM}

   10 >
   10 < plugin.tt_news
   10.pid_list >
   10.pid_list = {$PID_LIST}
   10.singlePid = {$SINGLE_PID}
   10.defaultCode = XML
   10.categoryMode = 1
   10.categorySelection = {$CATEGORIES}

   config {
     disableAllHeaderCode = 1
     additionalHeaders = Content-type:text/xml
     no_cache = 0
     xhtml_cleaning = 0

page.headerData.1000 = TEXT
page.headerData.1000.data = TSFE:baseUrl
page.headerData.1000.wrap=<link href="|index.php
page.headerData.1001 = TEXT
page.headerData.1001.field = uid
page.headerData.1001.wrap = ?id=|&type={$XMLTYPENUM}" rel="alternate"
type="application/rss+xml" title="{$XMLTITLE}" />

The interesting thing that I found is that we have other feeds setup
the same exact way as shown above. But without mp3's in the enclosure
tag and it validates just fine. But these podcasts don't validate. I
have found a fee posts, and have followed a few of your guys
tutorials. I can eventually get the feed to validate, but it ends up
with some kind of parsing error. Please any advice would help greatly.
I feel like I have exhausted my resources in trying to solve this. I
find it interesting that when you look at the source code to the xml
feed. The enclosure tag seems validate.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

                                                             _______