[TYPO3-ttnews] show news list when there's no translation available

Andreas Burg typo3 at andreasburg.de
Tue Mar 10 16:19:43 CET 2009

Hello Ralph,

> There are 11 English and 10 French news items, one English news item is
> not translated. The multilanguage website shows this English news item
> and the French flag for the translated version. But there is no
> translation, so it shows the text that there is no French translation
> available.
> In these kind of cases I would like to show the French news list with 10
> news items.

just an idea - you can konfigurate your language-menu, so that it shows f.e. a black&white language
flag with no link function, to show the user that there is no translated version of this news. You
can do it with userdef[1|2]

example just needs a little changing in userdef1 with doNotLinkIt:

lib.langmenu = HMENU
lib.langmenu {
   special = language
   special.value = 0,9

   1 = TMENU

   1 {
     NO = 1
     NO {
       allWrap = | |||
       doNotShowLink = 1
       beforeImgLink = 1
       beforeImg = fileadmin/pics/flag_uk.gif || fileadmin/pics/flag_de.gif
       beforeImgTagParams = title="Show english version" || title="Zeige deutsche Version"
     }

     ACT < .NO
     ACT {
       beforeImg = fileadmin/pics/flag_uk_f.gif || fileadmin/pics/flag_de_f.gif
       beforeImgTagParams = title="You see the english version" || title="Sie sehen die deutsche
Version"
       doNotLinkIt = 1
     }

     USERDEF1 < .NO
     USERDEF1 {
       beforeImg = fileadmin/pics/flag_uk_d.gif || fileadmin/pics/flag_de_d.gif
       beforeImgTagParams = title="No english version available yet" || title="Zur Zeit keine
deutsche Version verfügbar"
     }

     USERDEF2 < .USERDEF1
     USERDEF2 {
       beforeImg = fileadmin/pics/flag_uk_d_f.gif || fileadmin/pics/flag_de_d_f.gif
       beforeImgTagParams = title="No english version available yet" || title="Zur Zeit keine
deutsche Version verfügbar"
       doNotLinkIt = 1

Andreas