[TYPO3-ttnews] Status of tt_news?

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Wed Jun 3 22:55:41 CEST 2009

hi gunnar,

Gunnar Jonsson wrote:
> A. What is the status of tt_news 3.0? Is it just a testing version, not
> for use in production sites?

currently a few people (including me) are using the dev version on a few
production sites. This new version contains some fundamental changes in
configuration which are - as far as I could imagine them - fixed by
the "updater script" but some of them will require manual fixing.

If you want to help the tt_news development, make a copy of your production
site, try tt_news 3.0.0 on this site and write your feedback here.

a tip: currently I'm motivated to help fixing migration issues directly.
When tt_news 3.0.0 is in TER and all those people that have clicked
on "update" in extmanager and do now see only a white page on
their "enterprize-business-global-player-sites" are sending me mails
like "f#%&§ you, you broke my site !!!" my motivation to help will drop
near zero...
but let's keep this quiet ;-)

greets
rupert