[TYPO3-ttnews] my own CSS file

Daniel Doesburg daniel at typo3-nl.eu
Sun Aug 16 12:54:47 CEST 2009

dick hoogendijk schreef:
> That, I did again and again, but I didn't get my CSS file included. I
> guess I tried in the wrong place. Mostly I put it in "Constant" but is
> has to be in the TS-setup filed, I guess.

Only use the part "Constants" for constants. That sound simple and it's
simple.

The only thing is that you don't always know if it's a constant because
a lot of TYPO3 authors use for their constants names who are the same as
the properties in the setup. Or the look alike.

In short: All properties from tsref go always in setup.
In this particular case you can rewrite it as follow:

In Constants:
stylepath = fileadmin/template/ext/

In setup:
page.includeCSS.newsv3 = {$stylepath}newsv3.css

As example how some TYPO authors do this:
In setup (of the extension - so not so easy visible):

page.includeCSS.newsv3 = {$page.includeCSS.newsv3}

That means you have to use the constant(!):
page.includeCSS.newsv3
as follow:

page.includeCSS.newsv3 = fileadmin/template/ext/newsv3.css

And in this case the term "page.includeCSS.newsv3" is not a property but
a constant!

Very confusing. Is it not?

However, I hope this helps understanding and using typoscript.

Kind regards,

Daniel Doesburg