[TYPO3-ttnews] Treating all entries as archived

Prakash spabhat at chandanweb.com
Mon Aug 3 14:10:02 CEST 2009

Marian Schedenig wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using the AMENU as a shortcut menu for *all* news entries, grouped by
> month, meaning that each new entry should also show up in the archive
> immediately. This works fine as long as I remember to set the archive date
> of a new entry (to the same day that's also the entry's publishing date).
>
> However, when I forget to set the archive date, the article will not show up
> in the archive - though the month will still be listed (even if it won't
> display any articles).
>
> The auto archive function in the settings isn't much help, since "0"
> disables the auto archiving.
>
> Is there any way I can automatically treat all news entries as archived
> without having to set the archive date manually?
>
> Thx,
> Marian.

You can refer to automatic archive section in tt_news manual here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/tt_news/2.5.2/view/1/3/#id3833453

To be precise the "datetimeDaysToArchive", "datetimeHoursToArchive" or
"datetimeMinutesToArchive" settings should do the magic.

--
*Regards,
Prakash A Bhat*

Chandan Web Solutions <http://www.chandanweb.com>