[TYPO3-ttnews] Change page browser texts

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Sat Aug 1 21:01:21 CEST 2009

Marian Schedenig kirjoitti:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to change the strings displayed by the page browser. I want to
> change "< previous" and "next >" to something like "<< newer posts" and
> "older posts >>". I suppose one way to do this is via the language array,
> but I wonder if there's also a way to directly change the elements of the
> page browser (it doesn't seem to be part of the template file).

If I remember correct tt_news can use generic page browser, when
changing labels affect also in TMENU or tt_news specific page browser.
Both cases the page browser has been defined in a class file.

You can translate language texts in TS template, when they affect only
on certain page and subpages of that page.

Generic translations with xmltranslate or lfeditor plugins.

> Also, I want to get rid of the numbered links to pages. Setting the maximum
> number to 0 still displays the number of the current page.

You should then create with a hook your own page probser because you
can't disable those.