[TYPO3-ttnews] TT-News Slowdown

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Wed Apr 22 17:51:55 CEST 2009

Louis Coppola pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a problem with a slowdown on our tt_news extension database
> requests whenever there is a list item on a page it takes a long time.
> On the homepage of www.accountability-central.com there are 5-10 list
> content elements which require multiple queries and sometimes take over
> 60 seconds to generate the page.

on the typo3.dev list there's a post titled: 'new content object COA_GO
- performance - need some advise' posted by Krystian Szymukowicz (about
2009-04-08) it's a proposition of new content element COA_GO (he
published also working extension) which allows to render elements only
one time per all cache clearing. In other words when you flush your
cache on all pages  your lists will be rendered only on the first page,
later they'll be fetched from cache.

What is that mean: now, when you clear All Caches you have to wait 60
sec. on every page which has these news lists. If you have 10.000 news
you have to wait 10.000 x 60 seconds on every single view page...

COA_GO still needs time to re-generate the object, BUT only once, so in
your case you'll need 60 sec. to render first page with lists after
cache clearing but other 9.999 pages will use cached output of these
lists...

I'm not sure if my answer is clear... [poor English] :) I just was
looking for solution cause I had problem with long-time (IMHO) menu
rendering (which was 900 ms ;)) and I reduced this time to 0 (zero)ms -
so it should be satisfying for you too :)

With best regards

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
a.k.a. Marek Krawczyk (original)