[TYPO3-ttnews] FE Editing for TT_News

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Sep 17 12:56:28 CEST 2008

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 05:12:17 UTC, Brian Lynch <info at digi-bis.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a solutions for FE Editing of TT_News?
>
> I know about the edit panel, but that is for front end users who have
> backend accounts, or use a plug in to to have them all pretend to have a
> sigle backend account, but this set up will not work for me, I need a true
> front end editing solution, where the user is the Auther, etc.
>
> I have tired meta_feedit but there are too many bugs and the documentation
> is so out of date with the actual program, I can't get it to run without
> throughing tons of errors.

I've been facing the same problem. All available options have certain
drawbacks like support for multiple languages, RTE, etc. If you only
need a single language, fe_rtenews (version 1.4 since 1.41 is broken)
and sg_newsplus are probably the best choice at the moment. The latter
can do much of what meta_feedit does.
--
"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen." - W.H. Auden