[TYPO3-ttnews] customising news_category shortcut link

Paul Vetch paul at qedstudio.com
Wed Sep 3 16:20:45 CEST 2008

Dear all,

Is there any way to customise the output for the category shortcut link
generated for ###NEWS_CATEGORY### when categoryMode is set to 2?  I need to
insert additional text *inside* the link, with the category title.  I can
only insert it around the link using categoryTitles_stdwrap /
categoryTitleItem_stdwrap, which is not what I want.

I know that the link is generated using pi_linkToPage() rather than
typolink, and I can see that the categoryTitleItem_stdwrap appears around
the link, so I don't see any way (other than an ugly hack in the class) to
do this nicely...  But maybe I'm not thinking laterally enough.

I guess something like a categoryLink TS property, or some functional
equivalent of aTagBeforeWrap from TMENU, is what I'm wishing for here ;)  Is
the code generating this link changing in tt_news v3?  This is one of the
very very few aspects of tt_news that doesn't seem to be configurable from
TS.

Many thanks

Paul