[TYPO3-ttnews] RSS: No element found

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Jan 28 15:42:33 CET 2008

Hi,

> i tried to activate the RSS Feed for tt_news. I done all steps from manual
> (configuring by constant editor). But if i call the page with the news list
> i'll get the following error:
> ^
> English tranlsation:
> XML processing error: No element found
> Address: http:****************/index.php?id=260&type=100
> Line No. 1, Column 1:

It would seem like you have an empty first line, something that XML
parses don't like. Some people have already reported such problems
although I don't think a solution was found. Personnally I never had
such issue.

You may want to check the template file and see if you have any PHP
error. Try to open you url with something else than a browser that
complains about XML syntax errors, so that you can see what kind of data
is actually produced.

HTH

--

Francois Suter