[TYPO3-ttnews] Problems with CSS customizing

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Jan 22 10:51:45 CET 2008

Hi Hagen,

> i try to adopt tt_news to the look and feel of my site. My Typo3
> installation is from an external service partner, and I do not have access
> to the file system. I not able to ecit tt_news the files (edit file),
> because after saving the new good is not saved. Now for my problem. The most
> I was able to adapt by changing the template and given it as template to the
> plugins. Unfortunately, that does not work for the color of the active page
> in Pagebroswer and <h3> tag on the single-page news. Is there a way to
> influence the appearance?

I'm not sure exactly what you problem is, but the ways of customising
the output of tt_news is mostly:

1) create your own template and point tt_news to it using TypoScript
(plugin.tt_news.templateFile)

2) use TypoScript to customise output. tt_news include a lot of
stdWraps, so you want to refer to the manual for that

3) in your own stylesheet you can redefine any of the default tt_news
styles, or even more radically get rid of all default styles with the
following TS:

plugin.tt_news._CSS_DEFAULT_STYLE >

HTH

--