[TYPO3-ttnews] Restricted access to RSS feeds

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Aug 29 17:37:36 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm in the process of creating a site that acts as a kind of news agency
for other community web sites. The plan is that the other sites can
retrieve RSS feeds to import news from this news agency into their own
database. So far I've set up several RSS feeds with different content
and languages for tt_news. This works beautifully, also with RealURL.

Now the thing is that each feed is tailored to the demands of a specific
web site and only that site should be able to retrieve it to import the
data. Is there a way to restrict access so that people need to, e.g.,
specify a user ID and password, set variables, or send a pre-defined
cookie?
--
"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen." - W.H. Auden