[TYPO3-ttnews] arcExclusive and useHRDatesSingle

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Aug 11 20:14:42 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I'm currently testing tt_news 3.0, but after a short look in 2.5.2 code, it
seems not to be changed - so this might not be only 3.0 related.

showRelatedNewsByCategory didn't show any related news, because it's
searching just for archived news items.
This mystic behaviour is caused by the following code:

function convertDates() {
  //readable archivedates
  if ($this->piVars['year'] || $this->piVars['month']) {
    $this->arcExclusive = 1;
  }

But arcExclusive mustn't be 1 (must be -1 or 0).
So if useHRDatesSingle is active, tt_news considers every single page as a
page where it should just display archived records (I hope I understood the
code..).

Can this caused by any other config settings or is this a bug?
I think the if-clause should be changed to
  if (($this->piVars['year'] || $this->piVars['month']) &&
!$this->conf['useHRDatesSingle']) {
in order to respect archive-setting from flexform/typoscript.

Greets
Steffen