[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news 3.0 and image/text

Krystian Szymukowicz typo3RE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Mon Aug 11 15:36:16 CEST 2008

> I just thought that, if backwards compatibility is broken anyway with
> tt_news 3.0, what would you think of passing tt_news content and image
> through standard css_styled_content?
> So it may render like common "text with image" content element.
>
> There are lots of advantages with this way and I can not see any
> disadvantages so far.
>
> What do you think?

For anyone interested.

I just opened project at forge which allows to format image+text of
tt_news SINGLE VIEW with css_styled_content. As an option - you can add
buttons with image position, width and number of columns.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-ttnewscsc

Before I will release it in TER here are the packed sources:
http://forge.typo3.org/attachments/382/T3X_ttnewscsc-0_0_0-z-200808111533.t3x

Sources are also accessible through SVN repository:
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/show/extension-ttnewscsc

You may read documentation here:
http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/show/extension-ttnewscsc

You will get some screenshots there too.

Extension is working quite well now with tt_news 2.5.0.

Some plans for nearest future includes integration with lightbox
extensions like kj_imagelightbox2 etc. Any help in that matter greatly
appreciated.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz