[TYPO3-ttnews] Time for tt_news 3.0 ?

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Tue Apr 8 10:10:16 CEST 2008

hi Ingo

since TYPO3 was renamed to TYPO4 last week I thought the 3 was free for
other purposes ;-)

seriously:

from a coder's point of view I understand your points - but the coders among
the tt_news users are only a small minority.

The majority of users are the day-to-day tt_news editors and admins which
only see the GUI and the config options and not the code.
If I look back on the previous tt_news versions, there had never been so
many GUI related changes in one release at once since introducing
flexforms.
And exactly those day-to-day tt_news users will be stressed to look a bit
closer to the docs before updating their production sites with the new
version if there's a new main number in front of it.

There are enough numbers left to make other releases, but for now we will
stay with the 3.

greets
rupert