[TYPO3-ttnews] new feature: Optionsplit for tt_news

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Mon Apr 7 22:20:38 CEST 2008

Hello Rupert,

Thanks for your response!

> Erik Svendsen wrote:
>
>> Really nice work Rupert. Exactly what I needed before redesign of
>> some websites.
>>
> you're welcome :-)
>
>> And already downloaded and tested. And I have found some "funny"
>> behavior. Don't know if it's a bug or something in my settings.
>>
>> Short explained. On one site SINGLE2 gives ###NEWS_IMAGE_1###,
>> ###NEWS_IMAGE_2###, .. in frontend. SINGLE gives all images (5,1,2,3
>> images in 4 articles). On the other it looks like SINGLE2 i rendering
>> correct, but SINGLE renders ###NEWS_IMAGE### in frontend.
>>
> the behavior depends on imageMarkerOptionSplit

I understand that. That why I have tested with both the default imageMarkerOptionSplit
(no value) and code = SINGLE, and code = SINGLE2 and optionSplit set. I'm
using optionSplit on most websites so I think i know how it works (even if
I miss sometimes). I have both Template parts in the news template

> if it is not given (default) all images are rendered to
> ###NEWS_IMAGE###.
> If it is given the image numbering sheme changes from ###NEWS_IMAGE###
> the markers with an appended number ###NEWS_IMAGE_x###
> both can't be used in one template.
> the new SINGLE2 template uses the numbered markers - means: it expects
> imageMarkerOptionSplit to contain something.
>> Both on TYPO3 4.2.0RC1. Both on PHP 5.2.x (5.2.4 and 5.2.0-8+etch4),
>> both on MySQL 5.0.xx and both on Apache 2.2.x. Identical TS used for
>> rendering the single element. But there are some differences in
>> installed extensions. Can't find anything who explains this odd
>> behavior.
>>
> strange

I thougth so. But I found the error in one of the installation. An inherrited
error in configuration from a root ext template (my fault of course). Then
it's probably an extension conflict in the other installation (even if I
tried to uinstall everything i thought could give problems). So I have to
do the normal work of uninstall/install and try. Maybe do a search after
classes who extend tt_news.

>> Else, I find some changed behavior for singlePid and backPid from
>> earlier versions. I have to put in the singlePid also for the Single
>> element and for List/Latest who only render articles of type external
>> link.
>>
> the recommanded way is to set the singlePid in Constant editor and not
> in flexforms.

It's not always a possible solution. But of course i can give a default value,
and override it in TS where I need to. Then I don't get any error message.

>> The backPid don't return to the page with the List or Latest from
>> Single
>> when it's setup in the List or Latest, it has to be set globally or
>> in the
>> Single element. Which makes the setup of a site with lot of
>> newssections
>> a bit "pain in the ass"
> as said before: Constants

Same here, not always possible to use. It's not always a good solution to
only have backlink to frontpage or one newspage, when you have 6 - 8 different
pages with newslists on.

> the default behavior of the backpid changed, because I added
> dontUseBackPid = 1
> to the default setup which is also a strongly recommended option
> because it
> prevents many problem with realurl, double search results in
> indexed_search
> and so on.

OK, I missed that change, problem solved. Haven't had any problems with realurl
since i started to use Michael Cannon's realurl script.

>> And a feature/change request for the future. Is it possible to get
>> rid of the GRSP settings. Couldn't it be changed with catpid_list
>> instead.
>>
> don't get the point. where would you configure catpidlist ?

Like pid_list, primarly TS Constants. Se this post news://news.netfielders.de/mailman.1.1193398001.16526.typo3-english@lists.netfielders.de,
where JoH arguing against the use of GRSP for extensions at all. Dmitry gives
him support.

> greets
> rupert

WBR,