[TYPO3-ttnews] new feature: Optionsplit for tt_news

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon Apr 7 19:15:03 CEST 2008

Erik Svendsen wrote:
> Really nice work Rupert. Exactly what I needed before redesign of some
> websites.

you're welcome :-)

> And already downloaded and tested. And I have found some "funny" behavior.
> Don't know if it's a bug or something in my settings.
>
> Short explained. On one site SINGLE2 gives ###NEWS_IMAGE_1###,
> ###NEWS_IMAGE_2###, .. in frontend. SINGLE gives all images (5,1,2,3
> images in 4 articles). On the other it looks like SINGLE2 i rendering
> correct, but SINGLE renders ###NEWS_IMAGE### in frontend.

the behavior depends on imageMarkerOptionSplit

if it is not given (default) all images are rendered to ###NEWS_IMAGE###.
If it is given the image numbering sheme changes from ###NEWS_IMAGE### to
the markers with an appended number ###NEWS_IMAGE_x###
both can't be used in one template.
the new SINGLE2 template uses the numbered markers - means: it expects
imageMarkerOptionSplit to contain something.

> Both on TYPO3 4.2.0RC1. Both on PHP 5.2.x (5.2.4 and 5.2.0-8+etch4), both
> on MySQL 5.0.xx and both on Apache 2.2.x. Identical TS used for rendering
> the single element. But there are some differences in installed
> extensions. Can't find anything who explains this odd behavior.

strange

> Else, I find some changed behavior for singlePid and backPid from earlier
> versions. I have to put in the singlePid also for the Single element and
> for List/Latest who only render articles of type external link.

the recommanded way is to set the singlePid in Constant editor and not in
flexforms.

> The backPid don't return to the page with the List or Latest from Single
> when it's setup in the List or Latest, it has to be set globally or in the
> Single element. Which makes the setup of a site with lot of newssections
> a bit "pain in the ass"

as said before: Constants

the default behavior of the backpid changed, because I added
dontUseBackPid = 1
to the default setup which is also a strongly recommended option because it
prevents many problem with realurl, double search results in indexed_search
and so on.

> And a feature/change request for the future. Is it possible to get rid of
> the GRSP settings. Couldn't it be changed with catpid_list instead.

don't get the point. where would you configure catpidlist ?

greets
rupert