[TYPO3-ttnews] How to restrict access only to the detailed part of news items?

HR typo3 at iwelt.de
Fri Sep 14 10:47:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

Ferenc Hargitai wrote:
> Currently if i set access restirction ('Access' field) for some news
> articles, those articles are only visible when the registered user
> logs in, others see these articles neither in LIST view, nor in SINGLE
> view, so for them the restricted news items are completely hidden.
>
> I would like to restrict only the 'main' content part of the articles
> (the one displayed only in SINGLE view) so everyone would see the
> title and subheader of ALL the articles in LIST view and when someone
> click on the [more...] link, the main part would be displayed only for
> the registered (logged-in) users.
>
> Is this partial locking possible somehow, maybe via TS?

This is possible, but not via restricting access to the news article.
What you need to do is enter your news without restricting access, so
that the news item itself will be viewable to everyone. Then you
restrict access to the tt_news plugin content element on your single
view page.
This way the news item will show up in your LIST and LATEST views
(because it's not access-restricted), but once someone clicks on the
"more" link, he will NOT see the news in SINGLE view because that plugin
content element will only be available to selected users.

Hope that helps.

Heike Raudenkolb