[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news in List Mode : the teaser keeps <p> tag

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Sun Nov 25 13:29:39 CET 2007

Hi Silithlas,

For some unknown reason sub-headers in tt_news have two differnt
stdWraps applied to them.

The first stdWrap 'plugin.tt_news.displayXXX.subheader_stdWrap' actually
strips out all of the HTML (including the <p> elements) which is the
desired affect.

Unfortunately the whole sub-header is then wrapped again in the global
tt_news stdWrap 'plugin.tt_news.general_stdWrap' which then converts all
of the newlines back into paragraphs.

There are three solutions to this problem:

1) Proper solution: Extend tt_news and override the ###NEWS_SUBHEADER###
marker by using the 'extraItemMarkerProcessor' hook.

2) Dirty hack: in the 'tt_news/pi/class.tx_ttnews.php' file change the line:

$markerArray['###NEWS_SUBHEADER###'] =
$this->formatStr($this->local_cObj->stdWrap($row['short'],
$lConf['subheader_stdWrap.']));

$markerArray['###NEWS_SUBHEADER###'] =
$this->local_cObj->stdWrap($row['short'], $lConf['subheader_stdWrap.']);

3) You could, if you really wanted to, disable the global stdWrap.
However be aware that this will have undesirable side effects as it will
affect all of the HTML content output by tt_news:

plugin.tt_news.general_stdWrap.parseFunc =

Hope this helps,

Oliver

--
Oliver Rowlands