[TYPO3-ttnews] tt-news items and index search

otto at webspinnerij.nl otto at webspinnerij.nl
Sat Nov 24 22:04:54 CET 2007

Hello list,

I use tt-news quite extensively.
I have many news items in a lot of different categories, stored in different
sys-maps.
I need a search functionality on the site. I thought to use indexed search.

The problem is that because of all the different pages, indexed search shows
many results for same article.
So I switched off the function to index a page ones it is showed.
I tried to configure the crawler to index the news items in the sys-maps.

This is where it goes wrong. I cannot index only the articles.
What is the best solution?
Or should I use a different search strategy?

Regards Otto