[TYPO3-ttnews] Hide related news / links if none available

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 23:15:15 CET 2007

Hi Kimmo,

It looks like your problem is coming from the fact that you have added a
wrap to 'plugin.tt_news.getRelatedCObject'.

In your source code I can see that the related news article entries are
wrapped by:

This is actually invalid (X)HTML since this table is actually wrapped
inside a <dl>.

As a starting point I would recommend that you insure that the HTML you
are outputting through the tt_news templates and your TS is actually valid.

To do so you can use the W3C validator [http://validator.w3.org/] or the
far more convenient Web Developers Toolbar in Firefox
[https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/].

By default tt_news does not display the related news

<dl class="news-single-related">|</dl>

block if no news articles have been set in the 'Related news' field, so
the problem must be coming from your custom TS.

Good luck,

Oliver

--
Oliver Rowlands