[TYPO3-ttnews] Distribute images throughout article text

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 01:58:34 CET 2007

Hey there,

One solution I envisage is calculating the number of images and the
number of pages, then based on that inserting images at convenient
paragraph or heading breaks, aiming to spread the images out evenly.

However this may end up fairly code intensive and has great potential
to go belly up. A better solution may be to count the number of
subheadings in an article, and display the images one per heading from
the bottom up, starting at the Nth heading if you have N images.

That way if you have 3 headings and 5 images, you will end up with a
block of 3 at the top, and then 1 per heading until you run out of
headings. Does that make sense?

I might actually be able to pull that off by replacing the image
handing function in tt_news, which I believe is user-overloadable.
However I'm inexperienced, and I have NO idea how that would interact
with pages, or the cache.

If anyone with experience wants some detail on my idea and wishes to
burn a couple of evenings cobbling it together, I'd love it!

Denyerec