[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news: not able to remove <p class="news-single-author">

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Fri Mar 2 16:13:03 CET 2007

Hi Franz Koch,

> Hi Bing,
>

>> By using the default tt_news template, the news author is wrapped by <p
>> class="news-single-author"></p>.
>>
>> Now I want to get rid of the wrapping <p
>> class="news-single-author"></p>.
>> I created an extension template on a page.  According to 'How to get rid
>> of the <p class="bodytext">  wrap ?' on
>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/tt_news/2.5.0/view/1/7/#id2931185,
>> in the extension template, I added
>>
>> plugin.tt_news {
>>   general_stdWrap >
>>   displaySingle {
>>     author_stdWrap.parseFunc < lib.parseFunc_RTE
>>     author_stdWrap.parseFunc.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.nonWrappedTag
>> >
>>   }
>> }
>
> That are two completely different things. This <p class="bodytext"> thing
> is related to a default setting of typo3 to add 'class="bodytext"' to ANY
> p-tag rendered through lib.parseFunc_RTE by default. The example in the
> manual shows how to override the default typo3 setting.
>
> Your 'problem' is not related to typo3 default settings and is simply a
> default TypoScript setting of tt_news itself. You would have noticed if
> you had a look a the TypoScript object browser. If you handle yourself to
> plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.author_stdWrap you would have seen, that your
> mentioned wrap is regularly applied and can easily be overridden or
> deleted:
>
> ---------------
> plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.author_stdWrap.wrap >
> ---------------
>
> That's it. If you got any problem - first have a look in the TS object
> browser - that helps a lot.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Franz Koch

Voila, that works!  Thanks much for the help.

If anybody cares, can anybody  tell me why I have to use Typoscript Object
browser to modify plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.author_stdWrap.wrap?  Prior
to my original post, I put
'plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.author_stdWrap.wrap >' in the extension
template setup of the page that I don't want news author to be wrapped.

plugin.tt_news {

  displaySingle {
    plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.author_stdWrap.wrap >

But it didn't work. I cleared all the caches.  In Typoscript object
browser, the wrap was not changed at all.   I had to explicitly wipe out
its value there.

Bing