[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news: not able to remove <p class="news-single-author">

Franz Koch typo at fx.MINUS.graefix.DOT.de
Fri Mar 2 09:10:03 CET 2007

Hi Bing,

> By using the default tt_news template, the news author is wrapped by <p
> class="news-single-author"></p>.
>
> Now I want to get rid of the wrapping <p class="news-single-author"></p>.
> I created an extension template on a page.  According to 'How to get rid
> of the <p class="bodytext">  wrap ?' on
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/tt_news/2.5.0/view/1/7/#id2931185,
> in the extension template, I added
>
> plugin.tt_news {
>   general_stdWrap >
>   displaySingle {
>     author_stdWrap.parseFunc < lib.parseFunc_RTE
>     author_stdWrap.parseFunc.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.nonWrappedTag >
>   }
> }

That are two completely different things. This <p class="bodytext"> thing is related to a default setting of typo3 to add 'class="bodytext"' to ANY p-tag rendered through lib.parseFunc_RTE by default. The example in the manual shows how to override the default typo3 setting.

Your 'problem' is not related to typo3 default settings and is simply a default TypoScript setting of tt_news itself. You would have noticed if you had a look a the TypoScript object browser. If you handle yourself to plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.author_stdWrap you would have seen, that your mentioned wrap is regularly applied and can easily be overridden or deleted:

plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.author_stdWrap.wrap >

That's it. If you got any problem - first have a look in the TS object browser - that helps a lot.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch