[TYPO3-ttnews] Bug with archive setting 'don't care' (already since 2.2.4)

Franz Koch typo at fx.MINUS.graefix.DOT.de
Fri Mar 2 09:39:33 CET 2007

Hi,

again - I already posted this here 3 month ago, but didn't get any feedback if it is really a bug, or I'm to stupid to get the idea behind the current behavior. I quote myself from somewhere in November 2006:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote the following 2 weeks ago as reply to the NG topic 'problem with LIST "only archived" in 2.2.4' but didn't get a reply so far (the topic might have been to old that anybody would have noticed my post). So here I post it again:
>
>> There also seems to be a bug when selecting Archive:"don't care". If I don't care neither in FF nor in TS (plugin.tt_news.archive=0) there are no items showing up at all.
>>
>> I think this might be due to the following if-clause in the function displayList on line 754 (of version 2.2.4):
>> --------------
>> // Allowed to show the listing? periodStart must be set, when listing from the archive.
>> if (!($this->arcExclusive > -1 && !$this->piVars['pS'] && $theCode != 'SEARCH')) {
>> --------------
>>
>> I guess it should say "$this->arcExclusive > 0" - because "0" means "don't care" which also includes non-archived
>> --------------
>> // Allowed to show the listing? periodStart must be set, when listing from the archive.
>> if (!($this->arcExclusive > 0 && !$this->piVars['pS'] && $theCode != 'SEARCH')) {
>> --------------
>>

>> And there is another bug with $this->arcExclusive. The flexform can't override the TS-setting if "don't care" is selected, because:
>> --------------
>> $this->arcExclusive = $arcExclusive?$arcExclusive:$this->conf['archive'];
>> always overrides it with the TS-value if set to "don't care" (value 0 => false). So if I in general wan't to - let's say - show only NON-Archived, I can't set any tt_content-instance of tt_news to "don't care" with the flexform.
>>
>> I think the flexform should simply provide a 4th select-option with an empty value as default setting with the label "use default global setting".
>> In that manner I'd also rename the descriptions of the category-selection selectboxes from "Defined by TypoScript" to "use defalt global setting" or similar, because editors won't understand "TypoScript" ;) Let's get Typo3 more userfriendly with less cryptic descriptions :)
>
> After modifying the mentioned two parts, everything worked like a charm. Can somebody confirm them as bug so that they can be added to bugtracker? I someone of you could add them (if confirmed) - I'd be very thankfull, because I won't sleep more than 4-6 hours a day and have work the rest of the time (what a week :( ).

So, any comments now? Otherwise I'll put them to bugtracker regardless of relevance or not.
--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch