[TYPO3-ttnews] Getting number of post views

Oliver Rowlands oliver at liquidlight.co.uk
Sat Jun 2 16:57:32 CEST 2007

Hi Marko,

To display the number of comments try using timtab which adds the
template markers you need to display the number of comments in the LIST
/ LATEST / SINGLE views.

As for the number of article views in a LIST / LATEST view you will have
to write some custom code to do that. You will however have to prevent
these pages from being cached as by default tt_news caches all of it's
output which would prevent your view counters from being updated.

A work around might be to clear the cache of these pages on a regular
basis but this will still have a performance impact.

Regards,

Oliver

--
Oliver Rowlands