[TYPO3-ttnews] Problem with sorting of categories

Jochen Weiland typo3lists at jweiland.net
Sun Jul 22 18:14:13 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with the sorting of categories in the category menu:

tt_news 2.5.0
TYPO3 4.1.1

tt_news is being used for some kind of encyclopedia. There are 26
categories, from A-Z, plus a few extra categories. The categories have
been created in ascending order.

In the category menu I want to display just the letters from A-Z and
below the entries in list mode.

I am using a tt_news plugin with CATMENU and LIST and have added the
categories A-Z in the category selection.

When I select "ignore categroies", the catmenu is displayed correctly,
sorted from A-Z (plus the few extra categories that I have entered).

A B C D E F G ......

However, when I select "show entries from selected categories (OR)" then
only the wanted categories A-Z are display, but in the wrong order:

A O P Q R S T U V W X Y N M B C D E F ....

so, the ordering of the categories is neither in alphabetical nor in uid
order.

One idea was to just display the first 26 categories, but limiting the
number of categories seems not to work either.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards
Jochen