[TYPO3-ttnews] Category selection: GPVars VS TypoScript

Amiran Chyb amiran.chyb at stopspam.gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:22:47 CET 2007

Hello there

I was wondering what's the relationship between GPVars category selection
and selecting it from typoscript (in LIST mode).

I'd like to be able to mix it (ie. display categories set in
CategorySelection typosript AND those defined by tx_ttnews[cat] Get
variable).

Unfortunately I think that currently having at least one tx_ttnews[cat]
GET var disables any selection set by typoscript.

What I would like to achieve is two-level news filtering. Fist - on per
page basis (to have x pages each showing news having one category) and
then, on each page, have catmenu which would filter news once more, by
categories from different subtree. Ideally I would set first filtering
 from typoscript and 2nd by catmenu GPVars (they would have to filter
concurrently).

Any suggestions?

thanks a lot