[TYPO3-ttnews] possible bug: BE category selector, non-admin user

news.netfielders.de chris at ready-set-go.biz
Thu Jan 25 22:00:20 CET 2007

Hi,

I can't figure this out.  I think it might be a bug...

typo3 v.4.04
tt_news v.2.4

All works fine when logged into BE as admin

When logged in as non-admin BE user... User is able to select categories in
the tt_news category tab.  They save fine.  They operate correctly on FE.
If I am an admin user, I see them fine in the BE.

However, when the non-admin BE user goes back to edit this record again, the
existing selected categories do not appear in the BE record.  Therefore, if
they edit the record and save it again, the category selections are not
saved.

I have gone over the non-admin user permissions and they seem fine to me.
Permissions on the BE user group include:

Tables list: News, News category
Tables modify: News, News category
Allowed exclude fields: News: category
Explicitly allow/deny field values: [Deny] News is not checked

Are there other permissions things I should be thinking about? Can anyone
reproduce this behavior?  Suggestions?

Chris