[TYPO3-ttnews] startingpoint doesn't take effect?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Wed Feb 28 19:24:07 CET 2007

Hi,

Typo3 V4.0.4
tt_news 2.4.0

I created two sysFolders news1 and news2.  I also created several news
categories in both news1 and news2 sysfolder like this.

news1 sysfolder
    news cat1
    news cat2

news2 sysfolder
    news cat3
    news cat4

Then I created a content element which was a news plugin that was
supposed to show CATMENU.  'news2' sysfolder was selected as
startingpoint.  I expected to see only 'news cat3' and 'news cat4' on
the page.  However, the page lists all the four categories.

news cat1
news cat2
news cat3
news cat4

So starting point doesn't take effect to show only selected categories?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Bing