[TYPO3-ttnews] Distribute images throughout article text

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 18:44:55 CET 2007

Hey there,

I've been trying (Without much success) to work out a way to distribute the
images associated with an article evenly throughout the article body, much
like articles on BBC news (http://news.bbc.co.uk).
The intention is to either have images appear at paragraph breaks or after
subsection headings rather than just point-blank within the bodytext itself
(Which would have semantic consequences). I am aware that with multiple
pages one can specify image behaviour, but being able to distribute images
"evenly" or even through the use of a marker in the article text would be a
huge bonus. Even having the end user drop ###IMAGE### into their article
text would be a start, and perhaps even the simplest way to overcome the
problem.

There appears to be a function you can override to control the image display
within an article, but I was wondering if anyone has done work on this issue
previously that could save me a huge amount of time. I'm fairly
inexperienced with Typo3 and even the smallest things seem to take forever!

Apologies if I've overlooked anything blatantly obvious, I'm tired and
hassled from trying to overcome another separate issue with the .crop
feature for frontpage news!!

Kindest regards,
Denyerec