[TYPO3-ttnews] Remove "article" from tt_news URL

Eric Blom ericb at piap.com
Sat Feb 17 18:26:32 CET 2007

Hello,
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the word article from my tt_news
single view URLs. I want to remove it because I end up with article
twice in my URL due to my single page also being named article. Even if
my page were not names article it seems that I have an extra string in
the URL.

Here is an excerpt of my page tree:

+ cwfb (tt_news list view)
|- article (tt_news single view)

I get this URL for the list view, which is just what I want.
http://stmp.piap.com/cwfb/

However, when I click on an item in the list I get this URL.
http://stmp.piap.com/cwfb/article/article/bob-falkner-42/
                                   ^^^^^^^
Which has article twice int he URL. I would like to have
http://stmp.piap.com/cwfb/article/bob-falkner-42/
or
http://stmp.piap.com/cwfb/bob-falkner-42/

It is not clear to me if this requires changes to realURL, tt_news, or
perhaps page tree alias settings?

Thank you,
Eric