[TYPO3-ttnews] category restriction in news plugin / tt_news 2.5.0

Karl Molter molter at fh-trier.de
Thu Aug 9 18:58:34 CEST 2007

Hello,

I just updated from Typo3 3.8.1 / tt_news 2.2.24
to Typo3 4.2.1 / tt_news 2.5.0 / xaJax.

I switched category selection restriction from
previous TS Config (user / group)
{ e.g. options.useListOfAllowedItems = 1
tt_newsPerms.tt_news_cat.allowedItems = 65,82 }

to selection in the be_users / be_groups forms.

This works well when creating categories and news, but in the news plugin
itself
the whole category tree is visible and selectable for any user!
Additionally the previously selected categories are no more visible in the
left frame
of the plugin backend form where categories are selected.

The display in the frontend is just o.k. as long as the plugin is not
altered in the backend.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Best regards,