[TYPO3-ttnews] problem with LIST "only archived" in 2.4.0

Franz Koch typo at fx-graefix.de
Fri Nov 10 22:35:16 CET 2006

There also seems to be a bug when selecting Archive:"don't care". If I don't care neither in FF nor in TS (plugin.tt_news.archive=0) there are no items showing up at all.

I think this might be due to the following if-clause in the function displayList on line 754:
--------------
// Allowed to show the listing? periodStart must be set, when listing from the archive.
if (!($this->arcExclusive > -1 && !$this->piVars['pS'] && $theCode != 'SEARCH')) {
--------------

I guess it should say "$this->arcExclusive > 0" - because "0" means "don't care" which also includes non-archived
--------------
// Allowed to show the listing? periodStart must be set, when listing from the archive.
if (!($this->arcExclusive > 0 && !$this->piVars['pS'] && $theCode != 'SEARCH')) {
--------------

And there is another bug with $this->arcExclusive. The flexform can't override the TS-setting if "don't care" is selected, because:
$this->arcExclusive = $arcExclusive?$arcExclusive:$this->conf['archive'];
always overrides it with the TS-value if set to "don't care" (value 0 => false). So if I in general wan't to - let's say - show only NON-Archived, I can't set any tt_content-instance of tt_news to "don't care".

I think the flexform should simply provide a 4th select-option with an empty value or anything else (maybe "ALL") as default setting with the label "use default global setting".

In that manner I'd also rename the descriptions of the category-selection selectboxes from "Defined by TypoScript" to "use defalt global setting" or similar, because editors won't understand "TypoScript" ;) Let's get Typo3 more userfriendly with less cryptic descriptions :)

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch