[TYPO3-ttnews] First Category of list automatically added to news item on edit

Hartmut Plehn plehn at rz.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Jul 27 12:24:23 CEST 2006

Pieter wrote:

> Rupert Germann wrote:
>> Pieter wrote:
>>> I'm quite sure of that.  The production site was updated from 3.8.1 to
>>> 4.0 and never ran a RC.  The backend states 'Typo3 4.0', the install
>>> package I downloaded is still on the server and is called
>>> 'typo3_src-4.0.tar.gz'.
>>>
>>> I'll download the package again and run a compare on it.
>>
>> I think I found it: do you have the extension mmforeign installed? This
>> extension seems to contain the same code that was removed from the Core
>> between RC1 and RC2 because it simply didn't work. If I install this
>> extension on my TYPO3 4.0 final system I have the same bug as in RC1.
>>
>> greets
>> rupert
>>

> Yes, that is the problem.  But with this problem fixed I have an other
> one: mmforeign is used by some of the DAM extensions and my site is
> based on DAM...
> Well, over to the DAM newsgroup, I suppose...

I have a similar problem without having mmforeign installed at all. In my
case additional to the automatic category assignment there is an article
inserted under "related news" upon creation of a new article. The used uids
seem not to have anything special (like being the lowest or highest or so).

I'm using typo3 4.0 final and tt_news 2.4.0.

Thanks for any help!
Hartmut

--
Hartmut Plehn, Universitaet Wuerzburg