[TYPO3-ttnews] BUGFIX:0001962 olddeselctcatmode.

Troels Kjær Rasmussen troelsr at msn.com
Tue Jan 10 12:22:40 CET 2006

I´ve submitted a fix to this bug (reported by myself).
But in my orginal bugsubmission, I suggested af more flexible category
selection set, which I´m willing to produce if everyone (and foremost
Rupert) agree to this solution.

right now we have:

Show All (don´t care about selection below) - self explanatory.
Show items with selected categories - shows all news items where assigned
categories are AMONGST selected categories
Do NOT show items with selected categories - sorts out all news items where
assigned categories are PRECISELY selected categories

My suggestion is that selection features should be as described below...

Show All (don´t care about selection below) - self explanatory.
Show items with selected categories - shows all news items where assigned
categories are AMONGST selected categories
Show items with selected categories EXCLUSIVE  - shows all news items where
assigned categories are PRECISELY selected categories
Do NOT show items with selected categories - sorts out all news items where
assigned categories are AMONGST selected categories
Do NOT show items with selected categories EXCLUSIVE- sorts out all news
items where assigned categories are PRECISELY selected categories

I´ve already implemented this at our own solutions, but if you all agree
this is a better solution it might as well go in the extension. So if you
guys agree, give me time to fix up the code and tell me who to submit the
changes to.

regards...
Troels
--