[TYPO3-ttnews] No update of SYS_LASTCHANGE with tt_news

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Sat Feb 11 15:55:56 CET 2006

Hi.

On 11.02.2006 12:57 Christian Lerrahn wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>
>>Can anyone reproduce, that SYS_LASTCHANGE (timestamp of the last update
>>of a page), is *not* changing after adding, altering, deleting, ... a
>>news item
>>E.g. you add a brand new news item and the footer of the page still
>>tells you: Last update: 12.8.1998
>

> This is not surprising at all. SYS_LASTCHANGED probably looks at
> timestamps in tt_content. As the plugin on the page doesn't change but
> only its content, the date will stay the same.

Seems like SYS_LASTCHANGE is not designed very clever. Hm, I will have a
closer look at the code. The perfect way would be if *any* content
element of a page will trigger neccessary updates of pages.SYS_LASTCHANGE.

Something like
TCEMAIN.updateSYSLASTCHANGEcmd = [pid]

As this seems to be a general problem of any extension, it should be
part of the core.

>>I am playing around with cache-control-headers and it seems that changes
>>in any tt_news item do not affect the caching headers.
>

> I'm not sure what you mean but have you had a look at [1]?

I mean HTTP caching headers, rendered by tslib_fe::sendCacheHeaders [1]
The "Last modified" field depends on SYS_LASTCHANGE and it is not going
to be changed, if the cache of a page is cleared (and rebuild).

--
cheers,
Steffen

[1]