[TYPO3-ttnews] No update of SYS_LASTCHANGE with tt_news

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Sat Feb 11 12:57:24 CET 2006

Hi Steffen,
> Can anyone reproduce, that SYS_LASTCHANGE (timestamp of the last update
> of a page), is *not* changing after adding, altering, deleting, ... a
> news item
> E.g. you add a brand new news item and the footer of the page still
> tells you: Last update: 12.8.1998

This is not surprising at all. SYS_LASTCHANGED probably looks at
timestamps in tt_content. As the plugin on the page doesn't change but
only its content, the date will stay the same.

> Does anyone of you know a solution to do that?

I don'T know any but it would actually be really nice to have one.
Anybody has a nice solution like the one for caching?

> I am playing around with cache-control-headers and it seems that changes
> in any tt_news item do not affect the caching headers.

I'm not sure what you mean but have you had a look at [1]?

Christian

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tt_news/Adminstration/#oodoc_part_5851

--
    Es sollen viele Völker sich zum Herrn wenden und sollen mein Volk
    sein.

    Sacharja 2,15

    Abraham hat geglaubt auf Hoffnung, wo nichts zu hoffen war,  dass
    er der Vater vieler Völker werde.

    Römer 4,18