[TYPO3-ttnews] Having trouble with single's "back to list" link cHash and parameters

John Kallies jkallies at majorninth.com
Tue Aug 15 01:41:21 CEST 2006

My client is a corporation with a dozen departments, each with a
departmental sub site (different template/css, dept-specific menus,
etc.). I'm using tt_news for a few different kinds of news articles:

  - individual articles in a monthly newsletter
  - promotional material for "coming events" (not calendar entries - more
    like flyers that auto archive after the event)
  - typical one-off categorized news articles

My concern in this message is how to display the various lists of news
records. I need a list at the corporate level of all "coming event" news
records, and a department-specific list of the events categorized only
for that department.

I have a category for "coming event" records. In addition, each
department has its own category (these categories have single-view pages
defined). Via TS, I have categoryMode = 2 (only show records having all
selected categories). Each category has a single PID defined in the
category. I have the category for the desired single PID listed first on
the news record.

My problem:

When selecting a given event news article from either the department or
the corporate list, TYPO3 correctly goes to the single page as defined
by the category. But the single article's "Back to List" link URL has a
cHash that somehow causes the "Back to" list to not show the news
articles that are defined in the plugin's Flexform.

I set "dontUseBackPid = 1" via TS. I understand that cHash more-or-less
gives a unique code for cached objects. Clearly, I don't understand
enough about managing this to overcome my issue here.

Also, categoryMode = 2 isn't an option via FlexForm, so to my
understanding, the Flexform will override this value with one of the
three values in the drop-down. The categoryMode = 2 could never work
unless the plugin was defined purely by TS. Am I correct? Should I try
to hack the flexform? (don't really want to)...

Would someone please give me insight about managing these back links and
setting the correct categoryMode?

Thank you...
John